Sunday the weather was beoooooootiful. Craig and I went to the zoo with our new cameras. (he got one for Christmas).. I’m so happy to be a picture taking fool again over on Flickr.
I have been a real poopy head lately. Feeling sorry for myself, not taking care of myself.. in a REAL funk. I have been a bit negative. I decided to post about things I selfishly enjoy…and in doing so get to use my favorite bullet points.
- Getting my nails done. Fingers AND Toes.. with the wonderful hand and leg massages that come with it.
- Reading.. I love my Nook!
- TV.. which we have already talked about.
- Movies.. at the theater with popcorn/peanut M&M’s
- The water.. in the pool, hot tub, bathtub, shower, ocean, lake, creek, rain.. you name it. I like water.. I also enjoy drinking it.
- Massage.. mostly receiving.. but giving also
- Music.. all kinds.. almost.. I listen all day long at work. Last FM now.. if anyone else is on I’m marypat66, be my friend I don’t have many.
- Animals.. dogs, cats, turtles, birds.. I like going to the zoo or meeting your pet.
- Taking pictures
- Playing on the computer
- Learning things about things I’m interested in. .
- Driving, sometimes being a passenger.
- Games..Online, Board Games, Trivia Night.. I love games!!
- Food.. cooking it or eating it
- Walking.. mainly outside..but I don’t mind the treadmill
- laughing.. I love when I’m so happy or something is so funny that I laugh.. and I love making others laugh.. laughing with someone is the best
- Traveling, especially seeing something new
- The weather.. thunderstorms, snowfall, wind.. lightening, thunder.. predicting and following jet streams
- Fire.. grilling on the fire, fireplace, fire pit, bonfire..
- coffee.. LOVE a good cup o’ joe
- goood cocktail.. that first cold beer, salty margarita, smooth glass of wine, extra dirty martini..and I’m not taking about getting wasted. .I’m talking about responsible adult beverage at the appropriate time.
- the feeling of clarity.. when something makes 100% sense in your head
- the feeling when you have no responsibilities other than your own happiness for a few hours
- feeling loved, needed and respected
This by all means is not complete..it’s just a sampling of things I know I enjoy, and need to make sure that I do them more often.
OK..its on the damn phone…just as easy as facebook…I’m going to treat my blog like I used to use twitter…I’ve decided…
and yes.. i know it should be the girls and me.. I’m feeling snarky
must blog more
MUST BLOG MORE
ReAlLy MuSt BlOg MoRe
Ugg….I think of how it was so much fun and I enjoyed it so much and I’ve totally lost it.
It’s like coming back and posting is out of guilt.
So..dad fell, broke his nose..healing up better.
J and I went to Aruba
Pictures are on flickr…see bottom right…my daily tweets are also on the side bar.
How are you?
I have been in SUCH a blogging funk I feel like I’ve been gone for a million years.
- Lately I feel a million years old. My hair needs to be dyed, I have so many grey’s I look 60..not that there is anything wrong with being 60..it’s just that I’m still in my early 40’s.
- I just now forgot how old I was.
- I got out the calculator. I’m still 42
- I have been an excercising fool.
- I still can’t fit back into my skinnier pants that I was wearing last spring.
- We have a full membership to the Y and I take 2 classes a week. Deep Water Exercise. I really like it.
- I walk on the treadmill and ride the staionary bike.
- I bought a real live mountain bike. It’s a Schwinn. It’s Pink.
- I walked in my first “walk” at Forest Park. It was for March of Dimes in memory of Maddie. I met Lisa and Heather who have blogs and there really cute kids. There was also a woman named Adene who brought her preemie w/ her..he’s 13 and his friend. The last mile was tough, it was 3.25 miles or something like that.
- I started taking pictures again. Check the link on the side to Flickr.
- I’ve had some people offer to buy prints from me. They have only shown interest. Could you even imagine?
- I’ve been very irritable lately. I think I’m going through premenapause. (sorry to any boy reading). I haven’t had a period in at least 4 months. It could be because I’ve been exercising more. No I’m not pregnant and no I haven’t gone to the doctor.
- They cut our pay at work..that sucks. I’m one of the few people that is taking less pay but has to do more work. Hourly employees take an unpaid day off every pay period. I’d rather have one of those.
- I’m still addicted to Facebook and Twitter. I have a tweetdeck now.
- I’m going to Aruba in 6 weeks and I haven’t told my mother yet.
- My mother is driving me even MORE crazy than normal.
- I am starting to read blogs again…baby steps…baby steps…
- I really think I need to win the lottery.
- There was an earthquake in Mexico City today as well as that Swine Flu thing going around. I”m glad I don’t have plans to go to Mexico.
- Drew is playing baseball now. He likes it.
- It feels good to get back to random bullet points!
Can you believe it is already time??
June 3rd…I can’t wait..this picture was last year.
Here are a few things on my mind today.
I took pictures at the Zoo. After I got home I realized that I had a fingerprint on the lens. If you go to flickr you may be able to catch it before I edit them all. I tried with this one but you can still see it. Ugg. I totally enjoyed my Sunday at the zoo. We went early, ate breakfast, rode the train and walked ALOT. Just me and my J.
This is a strange thing to type. I found out a girl I know died. Not just a girl but a girl that I was supper dooper great friends with. We did everything together, I thought of her recently since we used to talk a class together at the Y..and tonight my aquacise class starts. She fell down a flight of stairs and broke her neck. I don’t feel anything…maybe it’s because we haven’t been friends for at least 15 years…so that I don’t care?? That sounds so heartless. I was more emotional watching My Dog Skip on Saturday then I was hearing about this girls death. I feel worse about feeling guilty then I do a loss. What a horrible confession to make. I had to tell someone though. Strange huh?