No..I’m not going clubbing. We’re talking about concerts! I was thinking about it cause the town is a twitter over Springsteen. Saturday there is a baseball game, football game and the concert in out little downtown. What does that mean? sucky traffic.
Concerts in general are expensive. Tickets, parking, food, drinks…so I went through a stage where I never went. Recently we debated over Neil Diamond (again) or the BMW Classic…we’re doing the Golf.
So..in your lifetime, what concerts have you been to?
My list here is NOT in chronological order..cause my 20’s are a little fuzzy.
- The Police. This WAS my first concert. I was 15 I believe. My friends and I walked to the Checkerdome. We had cups of orange soda w/ vodka from Burger Chef. Delinquents
- LoverBoy . Keep It Up. I can’t believe I remember the concert name.
- Billy Joel. I will not add him a bunch of times but I have seen every Billy Joel concert except for one in the last 25 or so years.
- Billy Squire. AWESOME. I went w/ my friend D. I remember her dad dropped us off and picked us up cuz they were afraid the hoosier/redneck boys would get us.
- Duran Duran at the Keil Opera House. This was when Rio came out. 1983 or 1984..damn I loved John.
- Men At Work. I went on a date and smoked a joint.
- Joan Jett actaully opened for them. She was better than them.
- Squeeze. I don’t remember who they opened for but they were fricking awesome.
- Jimmy Buffet…8 million times. I was a big Parrot Head back in the day.
- INXS.. the original. Awesome.
- Harry Connick Jr
- Little Riverband
- Ace of Base (won tickets on a radio call in show)
- Van Halen.. both ways
- Cheap Trick
- Michael McDonald
- Gwen Stefani
- Neil Diamond
- Eagles w/ Glenn Fogarty
- The American Idol Concerts
- Barry Mannilow – a date took me and I thought it was so gay.. I look back and it was awesome.
I have to tell you. I’ve been sitting here now w/ a major brain freeze. I went to tons more and can’t remember. See that is the problem when you drink and go to concerts..
- Cake..omg awesome
- Beach Boys (who hasn’t?)
- Billy Joel/Elton John. The dueling piano’s at Busch Stadium. AWESOME!
- Rick Springfield
- Bon Jovi
- The Fixx
- The Cars
- Hall and Oats
- Billy Idol
- They Might Be Giants
- Violent Femmes
- The Urge
- Blink 182
- Mighty Mighty Bosstones
- Third Eye Blind
Alot of those cool 90’s bands were due to Pointfest. I went to quite a few in the 90’s. I’m reading the lists of band going…uh, I don’t remember No Doubt..but I know I was there, do I count it?
OK…you have to take into consideration that I’m 41 years old. I have to say I was invited to Shaun Cassidy but mom wouldn’t let me go, she said I was too young. My friends went to Prince but my mom wouldn’t let me go.
What concerts have you seen? Who do you want to see?
I would like to see Bette Midler, Green Day, Cold Play…guess that’s it.