Hate is such a strong word, I know. I was taught NOT TO HATE. So for purposes of my Catholic guilt creeping up I will change that to, “I strongly dislike Bruce Springsteen”.
Back when I was in college I dated a guy from Long Island. He LOVED The Boss. He had posters haning in his dorm room.. it was his religion. I just didn’t get it. I faked it. I couldn’t admit I didn’t like The Boss.
This morning the local radio station I listen to was ALL excited about annoucing that Bruce Springsteen was coming in concert. I was so let down. They were teasing about this annoucement for weeks..I thought it was going to be someone good.
Here are some other confessions of mine, that don’t always make the the most popular girl in the room:
- I don’t like the circus. Never have.
- I don’t like clowns..see above.
- I don’t like parades. When I was little I didn’t want to go, when I was older I just went to drink, when I was older still I just went for the kids.
- I don’t like Ira Glass. I actually have no idea who Ira Glass is.
- I don’t listen to NPR.
- I agree with 80% of the things that come out of Rush’s mouth on the radio show.
- I never really got George Carlin, and I think I have a good sense of humor.
- I never really understood the humor of Andy Kaufman either.
- I have never liked any of the boy bands. NKOTB, Menudo or the one w/ Lance Bass and Justin Timberlake either.
- I always thought that Parker Stevenson was the hotter of the two Hardy Boys yet I let my friends believe I was a Shaun Cassidy fan too. I liked his music and owned the albums but I wasn’t really that disappointed when mom wouldn’t let me go to the concert.
- I don’t like Sarah Jessica Parker. I used to back in the Square Pegs days..and liked her on Broadway in How to Succeed in Business but then Sex In The City started..and bleh.. I don’t care for the show and have no intention of seeing the movie. I have watched the TV show before, but only for the soft core porn of it.
- I have only watched 1 episode each of Hero’s, Desperate Housewives and Lost..and didn’t get it. I have never watched an episode of The Office.
- I love Barbara Streisand as an actress but not as much as a singer. I can’t stand her as a person, even though I don’t know her personally. Have you seen What’s Up Doc?? Hysterical!
- I like soft rock oldies: Chicago, Little River Band, Pure Prairie League, Air Supply and Barry Manilow.
- I love 90’s Alternative Music
- I can’t remember all the nursery rhymes I knew as a child. They are gone.
- I don’t care if gas is $4 a gallon.
- I don’t recycle
- I have no idea what my natural hair color is anymore. It sure ain’t blond.
- I haven’t gotten a mammogram although I should have a couple years ago.
- I say I’m going to loose the weight again and then I eat chocolate.
- I have never had an exercise routine.
- If God gave me the choice I know which parent should go first.
- I just ate another piece of chocolate.
- Some days I’ve stayed at work longer than I had to cause I was reading blogs.
- I don’t like Katie Couric anymore since she left the Today Show.
- I don’t like Oprah anymore.
OK.. I feel better. Do you still love me?
Anything you would like to get off your chest?