otherwise, i’d be reciting 1499 Hail Marys (whatever those are) and 71 Our Fathers (i’m assuming that’s The Lord’s Prayer?)
oh, and i’d be fasting for 9 weeks. looking at my waistline, i could stand to fast for 9 weeks. just let my body feed off itself. hmmm
anyway, i have a few (thousand) questions for you catholic peeps. oh, and before we go ANY FURTHER…please know that i am in NO WAY trying to disrespect your beliefs. k? ok…
so, i went to this site and did an online confessional because i thought it would be kind of funny to see what my penance would be. (ok, maybe that was a little disrespectful. sorry). anyway, i’m going through the 10 mile long list of sins and i’m wondering:
- does putting a certain sin in my “shopping cart” once cover all the times it’s happened, or do i have to have one for every single time i’ve comitted that sin? like, seriously, do i have to account for everyday of my life for the past one..two…nine years of my life that i’ve taken birth control?
- why is birth control a sin? i have a whole post about this one coming up…
- what exactly is felching?
- who decides the severity of the sin? in my church, sin is sin. but apparently in the catholic church there are different degrees. kind of like a class c misdemeanor.
- so, i know that having sex when you’re not married is a sin. and i know having sex with someone else’s spouse is a sin. what if you’re having premarital sex with someone else’s spouse but you don’t know they’re married? is that a double whammy?
shew! it’s exhausting getting all serious…
i’m going to go raid the liquor cabinet and retire to my room. shhhhhh don’t tell Mary Pat, but uh, I took the plastic sheets off my bed and put the 900 thread count ones i found in the linen closet on there. ohhhh man! they feel goooood