I mention that I was tagged since normally I just do them myself.. Miss LuLu tagged me for this chain meme thingy. I think your hair falls out if you don’t do it…NO..but I’m doing it anyway.
There are rules..and you MUST post them. I always follow directions..so I copied and pasted.
-Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
-Share 7 facts about yourself.
-Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
-Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
OK: 7 Random this about myself..that you already don’t know. Hmmmmm
I like when people do themes…LuLu’s was about her being a Grinch..I already did the dorky one.(cause I’m a dork)… We will now do a Music one!!
1. I can play the piano. My mom made me take piano lessons when I was little from Miss Burnham. She was a big woman that came to our house every Monday at 4pm. Because of piano lessons I wasn’t able to join the Girl Scouts. That bothers me to this day although I am glad I can read music and play poorly. I would be able to play better if I had practiced. Every once and a while when I’m at mom’s I’ll sit down and play for a while. They have a really nice white baby grand that they bought when I was in college. One of the first song books I pick up is the Broadway Musical books. Fiddler on The Roof and Oklahoma are the ones I like the best…I sign along also. Mom and I used to duet..her on the organ and me on the piano. It hurts her to sit at the organ now. Oh..and her fat ass broke one of my mom’s dining room chairs.
2. I can play the violin. I picked up the violin my freshman year in HS. I did it because my mom wanted me to play the clarinet. She didn’t think I’d have the ear for the violin. I showed her, by my senior year I was first chair. I enjoyed being 2nd violin the best. I love the harmony. There were 4 of us (3 violins and a cello) that competed in a contest at one of the local colleges. I was SO nervous. We didn’t win anything but it was really cool. I doubt that I could play much anymore..again with the practice thing.
3. I was in choir and acapella choir in HS. 2nd soprano. I was also in the chorus in the musicals. I was in a barbershop quartet. I’m not really very good but I enjoyed the hell out of it.
4. I’m considering signing up for the church choir. They keep advertising for it. Then I would have to go to that particular mass all the time. I don’t know..we’ll see.
5. When I was really little my favorite music was oldies. I had a Raggedy Ann radio that I would put under my pillow at night and listen to Elvis, Frankie Avalon, Tom Jones, and other music from the 50’s and 60’s. I still love the oldies and I feel really old when people tell me that Cindy Lauper is an oldie.
6. In keeping with the arts. I took ballet and tap lessons when I was around 12. Step Ball Change. I remember my positions for ballet. That is about it.
7. I love karaoke..but only if I have a beer in one had and a smoke in the other. We don’t go to bars much anymore…so I don’t sing much anymore…except last night in the ice storm…I had Channel 7 (xm) on and was screaming at the top of my lungs, “I Think I LOVE YOU…I think I love you…” The BEST David Cassidy/Patridge Family song ever recorded.
Ooo…I get to tag people now…
If you weren’t tagged and you are really bummed about it don’t fret…I’ll tag you later for something else..or just DO it..Now go do the damn meme!!